If you only take one thing from this post, I want you to take the fact that Katie at the BookTube channel “Books and Things” will be spending the next two weeks uploading a video a day discussing the novels of Charles Dickens. I am very much looking forward to her thoughts and insights and hope that you will all go check out a video or fourteen!
My goals for this week have been a little simplified, work on getting Little Monster and The Way We Were completely organized and set up. Type up what I’ve got on Paulonious Punk and also type up the currently untitled flash fiction I’ve written for contest.
read a book or two.
Color some pictures. Exercise. Celebrate.
I hope everyone has an amazing week! See you soon 😀
So last week I used my Sunday post to set goals for the week…just general writing and life goals really. Though it isn’t a to-do list exactly, it is a great starting off point for the week! Before I lay out my plan for this next week (and boy, is it going to be a doozy!), let’s see how last week played out for me:
Weekly Goals 8/9-8/15
- Write and upload the next 3 chapters of Vocabulary/Lesson Ideas/Quizzes for Dragon on My Neck Did not Happen! I have them mostly written..mostly. But are they typed? Nope…1 got one typed and uploaded…1. Next week I will have 5 to do now. *sigh*
- Write at least one new chapter for Dragons in the Deep – YES! I DID THIS! AND IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY BECAUSE THE CHAPTER HAS ME EXCITED ABOUT THE STORY AGAIN!
- Write at least one new chapter for Paulonious Punk – I cut it down to the wire on this one, but I did write a chapter tonight…well, all but the first 3 sentences, which belonged to the prior week. But I’m counting this as DONE!
- Wash, dry, and PUT AWAY laundry (its that last part…gets me every time) – I had it done until my potty training daughter and my cranky old dog had an argument over who REALLY owns that futon…and the blanket on it.
- Work on creating Monkey’s pdf files for the book Nope. Not even a little bit.
- Create new cover them for Stone Dragon books Yes, YES. Amazingly, YES! AND my illustrator has the ideas, loves the ideas, and will get to them sometime between the next 5 projects…so next year maybe 😉
- Sew Monkey’s birthday presents Yes and no. I’m not completely finished, but I got a lot done this week.
- Clean Monkey’s Playroom (She’s almost 3, MAKE HER HELP!) YES! YAYA
- Finally watch the end of those 3 different seasons of shows on Netflix…it’s been a while Elizabeth, get ‘er done.Nope. I did finish Cupcake Wars…but not the other 3 shows I was watching
- Sew bibs and various cute and super nerdy baby things. College friend baby #1 will be here in 2 months woman! Niece and or nephew in 7…get on it! No bibs yet, but everything else is a go! I have 1 bib and 1 diaper clutch purse to make before I send her little gifts off. Can’t wait to see those cute things on a chubby little nerd baby!
- Crochet hoodie for Monkey…Started it. That counts right?
- Edit… I despise this one. But yes. A little. Until I got depressed. I do know how to spell…I SWEAR I DO!
- Write at least 3 blog posts *not counting today’s* YES! I posted 5 times! woohoo!
Ok, now that that is taken care of, here is THIS WEEK’S LIST.
I warned it would be a doozy, but it will be shorter than last week’s. Yes, I will have laundry and dishes and cooking every day. But the main things I will focus on this week are going to be the focus of this list. Got it? Yeah, I knew you would :
- Finish Monkey’s Birthday presents.
- Read, READ, READ!
- 5 teacher plans/quizzes/vocab sheets for DOMN written, typed, and uploaded
- at least 1 chapter for Paulonious Punk
- at least 1 chapter for Dragons in the Deep (IF YOU PUSH YOU CAN FINISH THE BOOK THIS WEEK WOMAN! TRY FOR MORE…GET IT DONE! I HAVE TO KNOW!!!)
- at least 3 blog posts
- Organize and clean bedroom and sitting room.
- then watch a movie in the big chair! Ahhhh….as close to heaven as I can get in my pajamas and popcorn phases.
- will probably watch the Labyrinth
- PUT MONKEY’S BOOK TOGETHER!!!
- cake/cupcakes…kid’s birthday is Sunday!
Short, more intense, and completely doable! My main 2 goals…Birthday for the kid, and write my little heart out. Something with happen with both sooner or later…the birthday is definitely sooner! Eventually something will give, though, and all my hard work will pay off…right? I believe it! God gave me a bit of talent to work with, so I’m pushing it as far as I can!
What are your goals this week? I would love to hear from you! I know some of you are going to make my paltry little teensy list look horribly light in comparison, but that’s great! It means you’re working hard to get yours. You go get ’em! And bring back coffee….
Next week is going to be a fairly big week for Tyree Tomes. There are a lot of things, big and small, to be taken care of as January flips over into February and to celebrate, the authors of Tyree Tomes will be conducting e-book give aways all next week. First up is Dr. Wilson Jay Tyree’s book on the history of the day known as the Sabbath.
This book has been free all week and will be available for free download until midnight tonight (January 31st). Check out this interesting read at: http://www.amazon.com/Passing-Sabbath-Dr-Wilson-Tyree-ebook/dp/B00BMWNUP2/ref=la_B00B1VF9OY_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391201536&sr=1-5 Beginning Monday, February 3rd, Dr. Tyree’s book What 3000 People Believed will go ‘live’ (as he says) and be available for free e-reader download until midnight on February 7th.
In his words;
Early on Pentecost morning, the number of believers in that small band of outcasts barely broke the century mark. Luke, the author of the New Testament book of Acts, places the count at 120, mostly from the region around the Sea of Galilee. By the end of the day, their company would expand to include Jewish pilgrims from over a dozen regions of the Empire and their numbers would exceed 3000. In this volume, we ask the question, “Why?”
I (Elizabeth) will also be having a free digital download spree for my books this week, in honor of my birthday (which is a week from Sunday).
The Stone Dragon Saga Giveaway begins tomorrow, February 1st, with Book 1: Dragon on My Neck. Book one will be available for free digital download until midnight on Monday, February 3rd.
At that point Book 2: Dragon in My Yard will become available for its free download stint. Book 2 will be available from February 4th through midnight on February 6th.
As soon as Book 2 finishes its run, Book 3: Dragon on the Green will become available. Book 3 will be up for grabs from February 7th until midnight on February 9th.
You can find all three links on my authors page at: amazon.com/author/elizabethtyree
Have a Blessed Weekend and ENJOY our books!