It is overcast and damp here in the little town of nowheresville, with the castle ground just the right amount of squishy and the air just the right temperature for either a t-shirt or light long-sleeves. After the heat of last week, this washing and cooling of our home has given me new purpose. The week is begun, the work to be done is waiting, and I have a new list of goals (that looks rather a lot like last week’s list).
- I will WRITE…I WILL WRITE.
- I WILL crochet the five animals I promised those students!
- I WILL prepare a book review for tomorrow (and blogs for all week)
- I will learn to work this confounded universal remote
- I WILL Read
- At some point I will probably do laundry
- I WILL prepare a short story for Sunday
- I WILL take a nap
- I WILL Plant things…peppery things
That’s right friends, I am burdened with a glorious purpose! Ink pens, paper, and a not-too-firm mattress are the keys to my success. But what about you? Are you suffering from writer’s block or reader’s remorse (halfway through and you just can’t make yourself sit down to read)? Can you not find your art? Whatever it is keeping you down this Monday, brush it off! YOU are in charge and YOU set your goals (and your boss of course, but that is an entirely different list!). Change your perspective, change your location, take a break and play on the swings…whatever you need to do to clear the fuzz a great weekend brings. Then…write a list!
What are YOUR goals for this week? How did you decide on them? How do you plan on achieving them? Let me know, I love to hear from you!!
As always, I wish you a blessed and inspiring week!