Hopefully you are all deep into a Tyree Tomes Publication, since both my father and I have a book free for download this week. However, the numbers would suggest otherwise 😦
If you just haven’t gotten around to picking them up yet, you can find Dragon on the Green (Stone Dragon Saga Book 3) and Monsoon McKreel and the Rose waiting for you on Amazon.com! (among our numerous other amazing word works of wisdom and whimsy 😉 )
This week I am reading over some of my own works that are nearing readiness for publication, along with actually writing on Dragons in the Deep : The Stone Dragon Saga Book 4. I may be about halfway through the storyline at this point. I hope so anyway. Other than that, I’m reading a lot of smaller books to my 20 month old. She loves to bring me Dr. Seuss and random Scholastic readers, crawl into my lap, and tell me a story about them before I read her the story. I think she likes to see what she gets right, which is something we used to do with the 4th graders before reading a new story so this good training for her!
Now tell me, what are you reading this fine middle of the week? Have you discovered a saucy and sweet summer snack of a book? Or are you delving into the cold world of a hot mystery? Have you found anything you want to suggest to us? Let me know! I do so love hearing from you!
Have a blessed week!
Good Monday Morning Friends!! I know that a few of you have already made up your goals for this week and are even now working semi-feverishly to accomplish them. I’m a little slower than that 😉
Whether or not you have set goals, there is something that you want to take care of today, tomorrow, and the rest of the week. Here’s a hint…DO IT! I’ve been looking at this yarn for two days thinking about crocheting an alligator (the final in mother’s students’ special orders for the year). I have until tomorrow to get it done now because I did not fulfill that goal from last week L BUT! I can do it.
That’s the great thing about goals, even if they are unreachable there is some part of it that you CAN finish. For instance, many of my friends and I have the great goal to be published or, since I’m already self-published, to be hugely popular and sell a million copies. To do that, I have to write and edit and re-write and re-edit, etc. It may be a long road, but if you love what you do then the time flies by.
So, in the interest of accountability and, hopefully, inspiration…
Here are my GOALS for the week of May 19th – May 25th:
- Sell at least one book (I haven’t sold any in a month…Perhaps I need to do something differently with book covers or advertising?? Wait, I don’t advertise…)
- Work feverishly on illustrations for the Short Story Sunday Volume 1 book so it can be published ASAP (hopefully in the next week to aid with goal 1)
- Have a GREAT giveaway – Ok, so I can’t do much about that one other than posting links like this one –Book 3 of the Stone Dragon Saga: Dragon On The Green free through Kindle for e-reader download until midnight May 21, 2014
- Blog Away – Every Day!
- Write at least three new chapters for Dragons in the Deep.
- Write a short story for S.S.S.
- Do some of that pesky housework
- Send in the paperwork to get back the other paperwork to take to get copies of the third papers to drive over to the new job so they have it all on file *phew*
- Stop giving myself so many big goals, I’m tired just looking at this list and I didn’t even include anything about playing with my little girl (20 months old…lots of energy.)
Oh! I almost forgot…My Dad, Dr. Wilson Jay Tyree, set a goal for the week too:
- Give away copies of the new children’s book, Monsoon McKreel and the Rose to people across the globe…or at least just a lot of people. Monsoon McKreel is free for download until Friday May 23rd.
I hope that seeing my goals helps you make your own, makes you feel better, or at least gives you a nice healthy chortle this fine morning. Do have any goals you would like to share? I would love to see them! Not only is sharing caring (remember that when you talk to your friends…Sharing things like books written by nice ladies you read on the internet means that you CARE about your loved ones!)…sharing helps us stay on point so we don’t have to explain our failures to everyone!
WooHoo! Dr. Wilson Jay Tyree’s book o’ the week, Ministerial Musings, has surpassed the 200+ mark in this week’s giveaway! If you have not downloaded your free copy yet, please hurry. The giveaway ends at midnight tonight. Never fear though my friends, his new children’s book, Monsoon McKreel and the Rose, will be available for free download beginning Monday, May 19th!
Also beginning on Monday, May 19th, will be a three day give away for the third book in my Stone Dragon Saga, Dragon on the Green.
We are both constantly working on new articles, short stories, and books so don’t forget to follow us on Facebook at Tyree Tomes for updates, debates, and big news from the Tyree family authors. We’re ten ‘likes’ away from someone winning a free hardback, personalized copy of one of our books. Hurry over so you can be in the running. And please don’t forget to tell us what you think about our books. Good or bad, all comments are appreciated….otherwise we can’t fix whatever isn’t working for you!
Have a Blessed Weekend!