There are approximately 12 hours left until the year 2015 dies away with the bang of firecrackers and chanting, 5…4…3…2…1 – 2016 will be born in bright lights or, in many places, the dark contemplativeness of ancient stars and moon.
In honor of this yearly renewal, many people create resolutions and goals for their lives. Things like “I will exercise at the gym 5 days a week” or “This year I swear I’ll be nicer to my co-workers.” Last year I resolved to not resolve a thing…and that rings us here, to my goals for the new year. These are all things that have been growing, pressing on my mind and heart more and more as 2015 fades to allow 2016’s entrance. I’ll list them for you here, and if you’d like to see the video I made for my Book Tube channel you can click the link at the bottom of the page.
May your New Year be blessed with love, inspiration, and enough resolve to get you through anything you have coming at you.
Goals for 2016:
1) Read with my daughter daily and work on letters/numbers etc for her pre-literacy love of words
2) Continue to eat healthy and get up/move around more
3) GET ORGANIZED!!! (For every aspect of my life!)
1) Participate in reading challenge(s):
a) PopSugar Challenge
b) Book Tuber Recommends Challenge
2) Read more Diversely
3) Read between 50-75 books (hopefully many, many more!)
1) Review more books for both Book Tube videos and Blogs!
2) Face my fear of failure and rejection and FIND AN AGENT!
3) Enter at least 1 contest a month (mostly short stories)
5) Complete Works in Progress (WIPs)!
6) Stick to a schedule and really work on Blog and Book Tube videos. (3 videos and 4-5 blog posts a week prefereably)
7) Write! Write everyday, everywhere…and attend at least one writing retreat or lectureship etc this year (classes, retreat, bookcon…something!)
What are your resolves?