This is a big week in our house. Not because there’s anything out of the ordinary going on, but because next week is our church’s Singing School. Singing School is a camp like atmosphere in which students spend a week learning to read music, sing parts, lead singing, and throw water balloons with deadly accuracy. (ok, we usually only do water balloons once a week.)
You may be thinking to yourself, “but Beth, why would this effect your house? It sounds like that all happens at church.”
Yes, yes it does…except that the kids don’t stay in pews or bus to cabins. Church members keep the students throughout the week, cook for them morning and night, and drive them back and forth to the building for classes. It’s a fun experience, or it was eight years ago when I helped with my last singing school. Now, almost a decade later, my parents and I are all back in town and signed up to keep girls. When I was in high school and college we kept almost twenty girls, this year I think we signed up for 5. I am excited, I am wary, I am downright mean…oh wait, that’s next week.
This all means that this week has a specific and slightly different set of goals for us here in the castle.
- Finally finish the writer’s loft so that there aren’t several boxes and empty shelves cluttering the open space.
- Re-organize my sleeping/craft area
- Find a good place to leave my notebooks and pens that won’t get a bunch of snot nosed teenagers messing with them (that’s not fair, I don’t know the condition of their noses)
- Write during every break so that I don’t lose my questionable mojo
- Do stuff, lots of stuff
- Do more stuff, like baking
- Clean up plant area and all that jazz
That’s right: I’ve got goals, yes I do! I’ve got goals, How ABOUT YOU?!?!?!?!! (Insert Nerdy Hurky here)