Hello my Literary Lovelies! I saw this tag done as a BookTube video last week and thought that the questions were incredibly interesting. The more I thought about them, the more I wanted to answer them…So I decided to do that through this blog and let you all join me! The originator of the tag is linked down below, I hope you will visit both Liz and Sam’s channels.
And now, without further ado, I present to you….*fanfare…drumroll**
THE WAY YOU (MAKE ME) FEEL BOOK TAG:
1) You’ve just spent the last 3 months reading nothing but hyped books. Burn out has set in. Try this unique book to cool you down…
I love to read children’s books with my daughter to break up the burn out and if I’m choosing one of those for this answer, I have to go with Shannon Thompson’s the Princess in Black series. So cute, fun, and unique. Like Zorro with a unicorn and frills.
However, if I’m going with a MG and up book, I’d probably have to choose The Young Wizards Series By Diane Duane.
2) Work was a complete drag and you need to get lost in another world. Check this out…A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. I am currently reading this and it sucks me into a world of wars and intrigue every time I open the book.
3) Are you seeking a book with epic twists & turns? If you want to be shocked, look no further than… Skullduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. Seriously! I almost used this on both of the previous questions but this book series is full of double crosses, surprise friendships, random twists, and epicness. These are dark MG books that, at times, read like an adult fantasy in the best way possible. Read them. Read them all. Read them now. Just read them!
4) Summer will be over before you know it and you need a nice cozy read. I love to read the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien in the fall. I don’t know what it is about them, but I feel as though those books are amazingly cozy for adventure fantasy books. I also like to read the classics around fall/winter times so Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) and Little Women (and also anything else) by Louisa May Alcott
5) Your Booktube friends are so far away. You really need a great friendship book right about now. Here you go…Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery is one of my all-time favorite friendship books. I also love MG/YA friendship reads like the Babysitter’s Club Books and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
I hope that you have enjoyed seeing my answers to this tag! The original tag was created by Liz over at the blog Let’s Book About It and I snagged it off of the BookTube channel Sam’s Nonsense. You should definitely go check them both out. I will be posting the new ‘fall’ tag from Liz sometime soon as well because…FALL IS AWESOME AND BOOKS ARE AMAZING AND PUMPKINS MAKE ME HAPPY. *ahem* sorry about that, I got a bit excited. ;P
If you would like to let us know your responses or chat about any of mine, please feel free to leave a comment! Have a wonderful week and enjoy some words.